Zucchini Chocolate Cookies
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup raw sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or white whole wheat flour
- 2 cups quinoa flakes or you can replaces them by old fashioned oats
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spay a pan with coconut oil or if you prefer you can use parchment paper or a silpat mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the coconut oil and sugars, stir until smooth. Add egg and vanilla extract. Add in the zucchini and mix until combined. Mix in the baking soda and salt then add the flour and stir until just combined. Stir in the quinoa flakes, chocolate chips and coconut flakes. Drop dough by heaping tablespoons, 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until cookies are slightly golden around edges and set. Cool on baking sheets for about 5 minutes then transfer to a wire cooling rack and let cool.